Thursday, September 8, 2011

This song has been in my head all week....

Music and art have such an amazing healing power. When my mom was dying, I was totally numb and devastated. I isolated myself, lost interest in things I loved. But somehow during all of that time, and for a long time after her death, I used to hear this song played so much everywhere around me. Sure, it could've been simple coincidence by just walking into a diner at the same time it was being played on the jukebox...or scanning radio stations and suddenly hearing it ring loudly over the crackling static....or hearing it flow out of a car passing by on the street...but I'll always believe it was a little something more.  Even today, whenever I hear it I feel such a swell of emotion....like a gentle squeeze of my shoulder, it reminds me of where I am and what I've lived through.

I have several beloved friends going through some really hard times right now. Here's sending you guys some major love and hope. It will ease. Change will comeLove you dearly x0x0x0xox


No comments:

Post a Comment