Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I've been really feeling this Elliott Smith song lately.....

This is one of my favorite songs.  He was such a gifted spirit. I truly hope he has the peace he deserved and never again suffers the kind of pain and anguish he had in this life. 

I have become a silent movie
The hero killed the clown
Can't make a sound



Nobody knows what he's doing
Still hanging around
Can't make a sound
The slow motion moves me
The monologue means nothing to me


Bored in a role, but he can't stop
Standing up to sit back down
And lose the one thing found
Spinning the world like a toy top
Untill there's a ghost in every town
Can't make a sound


Eyes locked and shining
Can't you tell me what's happening?
Why should you want any other
When you're a world within a world?


No comments:

Post a Comment